Adidas Recycles Ocean Plastic to Make Shoes

Adidas Recycles Ocean Plastic to Make Shoes

In 2015, Adidas partnered with Parley for the Oceans to produce 50 pairs of shoes made from illegal fishing nets and other discarded plastic waste taken from the sea to prove the concept. Because demand for the environmentally responsible running shoes has been so high, the company plans to make 1 million pairs by 2017.

All debris will be obtained from a string of 1,000 coral islands off India’s western coast. Each shoe features a knitted upper composed of 95 percent patented Parley Ocean Plastic. The remaining 5 percent is made from recycled polyester. Even the laces, cap base, heel webbing, heel lining and sock-liner cover are made out of recycled materials.

Ocean plastic is wreaking havoc on the environment; reports that every year, enough plastic is discarded to circle the globe four times. Most ends up in the oceans, where the rubbish swirls around in great convergences, breaks down into smaller particles and poisons wild animals. 


Find us on the map

Office Hours

Our Regular Schedule


8:00 am-5:00 pm


8:00 am-5:00 pm


8:00 am-5:00 pm


8:00 am-5:00 pm


8:00 am-3:00 pm


By Appt.



  • "Patient Testimonials: Coming Soon."